Sonia Ostrica

Certified Instructor

Born in 1957, I am a mother, a graduated public employee, a trade unionist.

I casually met Tai Chi Chuan at the age of 40, and until now I’ve always continued to discover all valuable suggestions that this discipline offers to practitioners.

Since 2000 I attended courses and seminars with Master Yang Zhenduo in Italy, attending later also seminars with Master Yang Jun regarding forms, weapons, and Tui Shou. I have done some seminars with Therese Mei Mei, Grandmaster Yang Zhenduo’s disciple, too.

I started my studies with Claudio Mingarini, continuing with Roberta Lazzeri. Now I study and practise tai chi chuan with my friend Roberto Carchio and help to teach in Roma Tai Chi Village, a Yang Family Tai Chi School in Roma.

In 2002 I went to China for Second International Shanxi Association Competitions of Yang Family tai chi chuan in Taiyuan: a wonderful occasion to practise and journey. I achieved 4th rank in 2012, becoming Certificate Instructor in 2015.

At work I note that principles are applicable in many ways: as trade unionist I know that when strength is not enough, change is more powerful.  Softness can win the hard, centering is better than indecision, with little effort is possible to resolve critical issues. It is always important to keep contact.

I love my activity as a trade unionist very much, feeling useful for workers in solving their problems at work. I pursue honesty and honour.

In the same way I respect my students and my instructors trying to be a model and example of right principles.

I consider my tai chi chuan associates as brothers and sisters.

All my life is spent in following my passions, including studying tai chi chuan, that is my companion in journey of life.

Email: sonia.ostrica@gmail.com