beginner wrote:there are how many steps in push hand? e.g. 24 forms in tai chi/ 103 form tai chi.
Learning push hand is not
for anyone to start from the cold. The prerequisite is to practice the basic movements at least three to five years until the jin is developed in the body muscles. Especially, it would be more effective if the abdominal breathing was improved drastically during the basic practice.
Push hand has eight techniques. They are as follows:
1. 掤(Peng): Issue Jin with a lower arm by pushing upward and outward
2. 履(Lu): Issuet Jin with the palms against a lateral force by pushing 30% downward and 70% toward the rear.
3. 擠(Ji): Issue Jin with the back of the hands pushing the opponent forward
4. 按(An): Issue Jin with the waist with the aid of the arms pushing the opponent forward.
5. 採(Cai): Issue Jin with the fingers by holding the wrist and the elbow of the opponent
6. 列(Lie): Issue Jin with both upper arms by pushing the opposing force upward or downward.
7. 肘(Zhou): Issue Jin with the elbow to strike the torso of the opponent
8. 靠(Kao): Issue Jin with the shoulder, chest or back
發勁(Fajin) To issue jin with any method of the above
聽勁(ting jin or listening jin: to feel the jin of the opponent by contact.
懂勁(dong jin or understanding jin): understanding one's own level of jin, in order, to feel the jin of the opponent.
A deep discussion requires explicit details for a good comprehension of a complex subject.