becoming certified

becoming certified

Postby jp shadow » Tue Apr 16, 2002 4:15 am

i was wondering, how does one become certified to teach yang style taiji quan? Must a teaching course be completed,a diploma obtained,permission from a exsisting school or master,etc.? Has anyone thought about this? Any helpful answer would be appreciated.
jp shadow
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2002 7:01 am

Postby Angela » Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:20 pm


I think this question shoud be submited to Master Yang Jun directly.
You shoud try in this same site. I think this is a special question, which may clarify this subject to many of us.
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2001 6:01 am
Location: São Paulo - Brazil

Postby DavidJ » Mon Jun 17, 2002 9:18 pm

Hi JP Shadow,

In answer to your questions, you need to demonstrate competence in the form(s) you wish to teach.

Certification, permission to teach, does come from existing schools and masters. The master or his representative will acknowledge that you know what you are doing.

A certificate usually specifies what it is that you are qualified to teach. How this is expressed varies from school to school.


David J

[This message has been edited by DavidJ (edited 06-17-2002).]
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2001 7:01 am

Postby jp shadow » Tue Jun 18, 2002 12:26 am

Thanks david, your information is helpful.I guess the thing to do is contact a yang TCC representative and arrange to have a review. Thanks again. jp.
jp shadow
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2002 7:01 am

Return to Miscellaneous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest