Long Form Book

Long Form Book

Postby drtone » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:17 pm

I had a book containing line drawings of Yang Chengfu like the one above and minute description of each movement in the form. Not only can I not find the book, but I can't remember its title or how its cover looked. Unless I have more information, I can't even look for it. Help.
drtone
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:01 am
Location: Silver City, New Mexico, USA

Postby JerryKarin » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:20 pm

Mastering Yang Style Taijiquan, by Fu Zhongwen, translated by Louis Swaim

[This message has been edited by JerryKarin (edited 09-09-2005).]
JerryKarin
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 7:01 am

Postby drtone » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:23 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JerryKarin:
<B>Mastering Yang Style Taijiquan, by Fu Zhongwen, translated by Louis Swaim

[This message has been edited by JerryKarin (edited 09-09-2005).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


Great! Thanks. Could this be a new edition? I have the other Swaim translation, "The Essence and Applications...," which is new. I think that my copy of the book in question, which I got at least 3 or 4 years ago, had a different cover.
drtone
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:01 am
Location: Silver City, New Mexico, USA

Postby drtone » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:24 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JerryKarin:
<B>Mastering Yang Style Taijiquan, by Fu Zhongwen, translated by Louis Swaim

[This message has been edited by JerryKarin (edited 09-09-2005).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I forgot to say that I already ordered the book, which was available for less than $3 on Amazon Marketplace.
drtone
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:01 am
Location: Silver City, New Mexico, USA

Postby JerryKarin » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:15 pm

Louis has done a great job on two different books, the one with the drawings, by Fu Zhongwen, and the one with the photos, by Yang Chengfu.
JerryKarin
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 7:01 am

Postby drtone » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:42 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JerryKarin:
Louis has done a great job on two different books, the one with the drawings, by Fu Zhongwen, and the one with the photos, by Yang Chengfu.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you aware of the book, compiled by Gu Liuxin, "Yang Style Taijiquan," with photos of Yang Zhenduo, imitating photos of his father, Yang Chengfu? The photos of the form are great and the photos of applications are amazing.
drtone
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:01 am
Location: Silver City, New Mexico, USA

Postby JerryKarin » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:01 pm

I haven't seen that. Where did you get it?
JerryKarin
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 7:01 am

Postby JerryKarin » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:03 pm

Oh wait a minute. That must be Yang Zhenduo's book with intro by Gu Liuxin. Blue and white cover?
JerryKarin
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 7:01 am

Postby drtone » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:15 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JerryKarin:
Oh wait a minute. That must be Yang Zhenduo's book with intro by Gu Liuxin. Blue and white cover?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


Right. I suspect that it's out of print, and it shouldn't be.
drtone
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:01 am
Location: Silver City, New Mexico, USA


Return to Book and Video Recommendations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests