Associate Instructor

Associate Instructor

In 1990 while working a full-time day job in Training and Development I was completing my Master’s Degree at the University of Technology in Sydney. With the need to be more relaxed, I attended my first tai chi chuan class.

By the end of my first Tai Chi term, I knew that I not only wanted to make tai chi part of my day to day life I also wanted to teach tai chi chuan. My tai chi Journey had begun.

From 1990 I learned Khor Style Tai Chi (Yang Style Derivative) Long Form, Sword, Fan, Flute, Pole. I started teaching tai chi and tai chi weapons in 1994.

I have also studied with qigong master Simon Blow (Sydney), Daoist master Yun Tseng (Aspen USA) as well as several other well-known tai chi and qigong masters in China.  I have competed and been awarded a medal, at the International Martial Arts Competition in Wudang, China studied at the Sang Feng Academy, Wudang, China as well as with Dr Xu Hong Tao at the Xiyuan Hospital, Beijing and the Shanghai Qigong Research Institute.

I also wrote and presented a paper that was published in the Journals of the World Academic Society of Medical Qigong, Beijing, China.

I was fortunate to attend the symposium held by the International Yang Family Tai Chi Chuan Association in Nashville USA. where I was introduced to the tai chi chuan teachings of Master Yang Zhen Duo and over recent years Master Yang Jun.   I remain committed to the practice and passing on of their teachings

When possible, I continue to attend local and international tai chi chuan and qigong seminars and workshops and participate in social and cultural exchange activities.

I am an Associate Instructor with the Yang Family Tai Chi  and an accredited tai chi instructor with the Australian Sports Commission.  I have a Master’s degree in Applied Science, (Adult Education).

Our tai chi school, Purple Cloud Tai Chi & Qigong, teaches Yang Family tai chi chuan and qigong.

Classes are held each Monday, Thursday and Friday at 9.15am in the Auditorium of the Halekulani Bowling Club, 50 Natuna Avenue. Budgewoi 2262 NSW.  
Our Tai Chi School is proud to be sponsored by the Halekulani Bowling Club

Email:    purplecloudtaichi@gmail.com
Phone:   Mobile: 0404 177 592