Chris Stanley

Associate Instructor

In 2001 I began my tai chi chuan studies with Dave Barrett at the Yang Cheng Fu Center in Forest Grove, Oregon USA. Beginning with the traditional Yang Family tai chi chuan hand form, I progressed to tai chi sword, tai chi saber and push hands.

During my years of training, I added to my understanding of tai chi chuan and improved my tai chi form and teaching ability by attending numerous seminars conducted by Grand Master Yang Zhenduo and Master Yang Jun including but not limited to the 2006 International Forum on Taijiquan in Thunder Bay Canada, the 2007 International Yang Style Tai Chi Tournament in Taiyuan China , the 2014 International Tai Chi Symposium Chuan in Louisville USA, in 2017 training with Master Yang Jun in Kunming China and the 2019 International Tai Chi Chuan Symposium in Selvino Italy.

During my time studying with Dave Barrett at the Yang Cheng Fu Center in Forest Grove I progressed to the position of Relief Instructor which lead to my position as Adjunct Professor of Tai Chi at Pacific University from 2009 to 2018.

Since 2014 I have held the position of Principle Instructor of the Purple Cloud Tai Chi and Qigong school, in Budgewoi, NSW Australia.  My wife Amber King and I travel between the USA and Australia managing our tai chi school and training our Instructors.

Email:  chrisstanley8@gmail.com