Jo-Ann Gates

Associate Instructor

It was my good fortune to be in the right place at the right time. I was – and still am – in Whitehorse, Yukon. In 2004, Master Yang Jun traveled here to conduct a Traditional Hand Form seminar. Since then, I have practiced Yang Family Tai Chi Chuan with Instructor Pam Boyde. Her guidance and encouragement have challenged me to accomplish more than I could have imagined.

The 2007 China adventure was my introduction to the history and vision of the Yang Family. In 2014, I attended the International Symposium in Kentucky. This experience deepened my understanding of and appreciation for the extensive study of this martial art. Over the years, seminars conducted by the Grandmaster and other Instructors reinforced the need and desire to continually improve my practice. With gratitude to all my teachers, I achieved the Gold Eagle rank. Their passion has inspired me to share what I have learned with others. Teaching is most rewarding when students realize the benefits and beauty of tai chi. Locally and globally, the tai chi community enriches my life.

Jo-Ann Gates
Email: jowho2u@gmail.com