Meghdad Abdi

Certified Instructor

I’m Meghdad Abdi, Chinese name 易正 (Yi zhèng), born 1982. I started practicing taijiquan (taiji) in 2008, Yang Family Taijiquan in 2009 and I became a member of the International Yang Family Tai Chi Chuan Association in 2010.  Before learning taiji I had practiced other martial arts for more than ten (10) years. I became so passionate about taiji, Chinese medicine and Chinese traditional culture that in  2016 I moved to China in order to study taiji and Chinese medicine in depth.  I graduated from Shanghai University of Chinese Medicine with distinction as a Traditional Chinese Medicine doctor in 2021. I currently teach taiji at Shanghai University, to expats in Shanghai,  on online taijiquan courses, and  international annual taiji seminars and workshops.

In 2012 I co-founded the first Yang Family Tai Chi school in Iran with my taiji brother Morteza Moradi (杨雅箫, Yang Ya Xiao)  in which practitioners are being trained in the Yang family art ever since. 

I’m a certified instructor of the association and on March 10, 2018 in Datong, China, I had the great honour and privilege to be accepted as a Yang Family disciple under  Master Yang Jun who gave me my disciple name Yang Yasheng 杨雅笙.

Becoming a Yang Family disciple has been truly a life changing event for me and I am deeply grateful to my Shifu and Shimu, Master Fang Hong. 

Email: meghdad.abdi@outlook.com
Cell phone: +86-13122930237