Joshua Neuhaus

Associate Instructor

I was born 1994 in Berlin, Germany, and started practicing tai chi in 2007 at the Yang Chengfu Center Berlin. My teacher since then has been Johannes Mergner and he introduced me to Yang Jun Laoshi in 2011. One year later, in 2012, I participated in a China Tour organized by the association, there I met Eric Madson, a disciple of Yang Laoshi. We became friends and he invited me to live and practice with him in Seattle for half a year in 2013. In Seattle, I was also able to attend the tai chi school lead by Yang Laoshi, Fang Hong Laoshi, and Nancy and Mike Lucero.

Taking much of the influences tai chi has given me in terms of Chinese Culture, in 2015 I enrolled to study Sinology at Free University Berlin. 2017 then I went abroad to study at a University in China for one year. Having learned some Chinese I used this chance to attend some of the seminars with Yang Laoshi in China, thus meeting the Chinese community of our association and getting to learn tai chi in Chinese language. In 2019 I became an Associate Instructor helping out Johannes Mergner at the YFTC Center Berlin and teaching classes under him while also starting to become a contributor and editor to the Association Journal.

In 2022 I started to teach classes independently at Winterfeldt Tai-Chi, while also connecting more with the circles of tai chi and martial arts in Berlin at large. I am also hosting an AirBnB in Berlin and always happy to give a room to fellow practitioners. As of June 2023 I am looking forward to my next great adventure in China as I will be traveling there to learn from Master Yang and train with my fellow practitioners non-stop for two months in July and August!

Email:  info@winterfeldt-tai-chi.de