Steffi Herkenrath

Associate Instructor

I was born in 1967. My way of Taijiquan started in 1992. The first years were marked to learn a lot of forms, movements and aspects of Taijiquan, Qigong and body work (Feldenkrais, intuitive breathing, dances, Shiatsu and others). At that time I learned different forms of Taiji: modern simplified taijiquan handform (24 movements), traditional Yang Style handform as well as weapon forms (modern simplified 32 movement sword form, fan, double fan). Since 1998 I gave lessons in Taijiquan. Because of the birth of my children, professional and personal changes I stopped teaching. Today I’m focused to learn and practice the traditional Yang Family forms. In addition I practice other forms, for example the modern sword form and fan.

Since 2014 I attend courses and seminars by Johannes Mergner (Berlin), Frank Grothstueck (Cologne), Grandmaster Yang Jun and Master Jian Guiyan regularly. Since 2016 I take part in the Teacher Academy at the Yang Family Tai Chi Center Berlin. In March 2016 I started to teach taijiquan again. In December 2017 I passed the Gold Eagle Rank at the Yang Family Tai Chi Center in Berlin.

Beside my professional experiences are important for my way of Taijiquan: to be a mother, to cultivate a big garden, to keep bees (since 2013) and be an instructor for beginners in beekeeping, to learn and practice Shiatsu since 1995.

E-Mail: steffi.herkenrath@gmx.de