Maurizio Curia

School Director, Certified Instructor

I was born in Firenze – Italy in 1962. In my life I have worked in the engineering sector and, as a civilian technician, in the Italian Air Force and in the Italian Army.

My two great passions are flying and martial arts. In martial arts and flying I see continuous movement, energy, fluidity and power, continuous learning and understanding. Everything is movement. Movement is life! Life is energy! I feel the earth and the sky as Yin and Yang.

I practiced Karate martial art Shotokan Style from 1988 to 2015, participating in national and international competitions and teaching from 1992 to 2015; rank: 3° DAN, Instructor qualification of the FESIK (Italian Federation of Educational Sports Karate and associated disciplines).

Since 2012 I have been practicing Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan, Qi Gong and Nei Gong and in 2014 I started teaching Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan (non-traditional) in the FESIK – Italian Federation of Sports Educational Karate and associated disciplines.

I have been studying Yang Family Tai Chi Chuan since October 2015 and started teaching Traditional Yang Family Style Tai Chi Chuan in June 2017.

Currently I am teacher and director of “Italy: Florence Yang Family Tai Chi School Maurizio Curia” known in Italy as “Firenze Tai Chi Chuan”.

In Tai Chi Chuan, I hold the following qualifications and grades:

– Copper Tiger  rank and Certified Instructor of the International Yang Family Tai Chi Chuan Association;

– Tai Chi Chuan Coach of the FESIK (Educational Sportive Italian Karate Federation and associated disciplines);

– Tai Chi Chuan Coach of the FIWuK (Wushu Kungfu Italian Federation);

– Tai Chi Chuan Master of the CSEN (National Educative Sportive Centre);

– Tai Chi Chuan Master and regional trainer of the ASC (Confederate Sports Activities).

Outside of martial arts, I have been a skydiver since 1981, at first as a military paratrooper and since 1982 as a sport skydiver. Experience, rank and qualification:

Static line jumpmaster, master rigger, style competitor, accuracy competitor, freestyle competitor, instructor; Strong ent. Tandem Instructor;

First male at the 1989 freestyle italian championship (second place in the general male and female classification).
Actual rank: Senior Instructor and Strong enterprices Tandem Instructor of the Scuola Paracadutismo Etruria (Etruria Skydiving School) in Arezzo – Italy

Maurizio Curia
Email: mauriziocuria@gmail.com
Facebook: Facebook page: www.facebook.com/FirenzeTaiChiChuan/