Claudio Mingarini

Center Director, Senior Instructor

I started practicing martial arts with Judo from 1972 until 1981. At the same time I also studied Ju Jitsu and Wado Ryu Karate. I began the practice of Zen meditation and completed my studies experience in the building surveyor high school.

In 1982 I met the incredible world of Kung Fu, which gradually changed my life. I started with traditional Shaolin, Wing Chun and Dao Yin. In 1984 I had the opportunity to practice Pa Kua Chang and Yang style Tai Chi Chuan that I studied and then taught until 1996.

In the meantime I was able to deepen the experience of combat through Kick Boxing and Thai Boxing in Italy, Holland and Thailand.

Since 1984 I have dedicated my life to Kung Fu studies and researches, practicing and teaching all styles of Kung Fu mentioned above from 1986 to 1996 in Rome, Terni, Genoa and Milan in our first traditional Kung Fu association led by Sifu Paolo Cangelosi, my first Kung Fu master.

I had the joy to finally meet the real Yang Family Tai Chi Chuan in 1996 through the teachings of the Grand Masters Yang Zhen Duo and Yang Jun. I invited them for the first time to Italy in May/June 1998. Grand Master Yang Zhen Duo has come to hold seminars in Italy 3 times and Grand Master Yang Jun every year with increasing frequency.

Since 1999 I’m Center Director of Rome’s Yang Chengfu Tai Chi Chuan Center and from 2003, as national director of the IYFTCCA and of the Teachers Academy of Italy, I’m helping the promotion and development of Tai Chi Chuan in Italy and Europe through monthly training events of different levels, lectures, articles, seminars, public events and TV programs.

In August 2012 I had the honor of being in the first group of nine disciples of Grand Master Yang Jun and Master Fang Hong and in April 2015 to become Senior Instructor of the International Yang Family Tai Chi Chuan Association.

Thanks to the help and cooperation of other teachers, instructors and Tai Chi Chuan enthusiasts we have now in Italy 4 Yang Chengfu Centers: in Rome, Milan, Florence and Varese, various Affiliated Schools, with more than 45 centers spread around where it is possible for several hundred people to learn, practice and share traditional Yang Family Tai Chi Chuan.

In addition to Martial Arts I like and study eastern religions and philosophies, Dao Yin, Traditional Chinese Medicine and life. I love people, nature, creative beauty, good music, peace and silence.

Email: claudio@yangfamilytaichi.com / claudio.mingarini@gmail.com
Cell.: +39 347 3635 333