Teresa Moy

Certified Instructor

My first taste of martial arts began in my hometown of Sacramento, California where I took a Tai Chi class in the Guang Ping Yang style for about a year. After moving to Oxford, Michigan and taking some time off to adjust to my new life, I wanted to return to my Tai Chi studies and began searching for a new instructor.

My search led me to Han Hoong Wang, Director of the Michigan Tai Chi Center, in April 2008. Her passion for Tai Chi is contagious, and her pursuit of excellence is unwavering.

With her steady encouragement, support, and guidance, she has helped me to grow in my practice and deepen my love and respect for this martial art. I feel very fortunate to have her as my teacher.

I am also very fortunate that my husband enjoys Tai Chi as much as I do.

Over the years, my Tai Chi journey has included seminars with Master Yang Jun, China in 2012, and the symposium in Louisville, Kentucky in 2014. I cannot exaggerate the wealth of knowledge that can be gleaned from these events; each has been an unforgettable experience.

I joined the Judge Registry in 2014 and was organizing judge that same year. In 2015, I attained my Level 4 Copper Tiger ranking.

I feel blessed and grateful to have studied with such outstanding teachers, and I’m excited to share with others what I have learned.

Email: teresamoy@yangfamilytaichi.com