William DeSimone

Certified Instructor

My martial arts training began in 1963 at the George Mattson Uechi Ryu Karate Academy in Boston MAa where I eventually earned the rank of Shodan.

I have been interested in Martial arts of all types most of my life and have trained in several disciplines from boxing to edged weapons.

I began my Tai Chi Chuan study in 1999. In 2001 I became a member of the International Yang Family Tai Chi Chuan Association under the instruction of loashi Michael Coulon.

In 2006 after several years of diligent training with Michael and attending many seminars given by Master Yang Jun I achieved rank of Gold Eagle level 3.

In 2012 I tested for and earned the rank of Copper Tiger level 4. It is my intention to continue my training and teaching until I am too old and feeble to continue, however the very act of practicing Tai Chi Chuan daily seems to be the formula that keeps me able to live a healthy happy and agile life.

I feel that if I had not changed from the “hard” external styles of Karate and discovered the flowing relaxed health giving internal form of Yang Tai Chi Chuan I would have never been able to continue training in what I love.

I am currently training and teaching with Michael and attending a local dojo where I practice kick boxing and self-defense techniques.

I am now fully retired from many years as an automotive technician. I spent my last working years as an automotive instructor at the Manchester Community College.

I live with Carol my wife of many years and the love of my life. I have two grown children and four grandchildren. I enjoy fishing, hiking and snow shoeing in the woods and mountains of New Hampshire. I also enjoy wood working, wood carving and knife making but study and practice of Martial arts is what truly keeps me going.

Email: williamdesimone@yangfamilytaichi.com