Gang Huang

Associate Instructor

I received my BS in Chemistry from Fudan University in Shanghai China and Ph.D in Chemistry from Michigan State University at East Lansing, MI, USA. Fascinated by Chinese martial arts, I learned Zha fist and Chen family Tai Chi when I was 12 years old but stopped training after a few years due to some competing priorities.

After finally settling down on the east coast in 2005, I was able to resume my Tai Chi training in 2009, mainly focused on Chen Family Tai Chi first. I have learned from severalwell-known Masters like Chen Yu, Chen Zhenglei, and Wang Fengming. I attended my first seminar given by Master Yang Jun in September2015 and was in awe of his superb skills, teaching, and personality.

I followed up with additional seminars by Master Yang Jun in Connecticut, Detroit, and China. And learned more about Yang family Tai Chi. I also benefited from teachings by Master Wang HanHoong, Holly Sweeney, and Audi Peal. In March 2018, I had the privilege to become Master Yang Jun’s disciple and will dedicate my time and efforts to the development and growth of Yang Family Tai Chi around the world!

I have participated in the International Chinese Martial Arts Competition in Washington DC and U.S. International Kuo Shu Championship in 2011, 2014, 2015, and 2016 and won numerous medals (9 Gold, 2 Silver, and 1 Bronze) in various Tai Chi events.

Currently, I am teaching a number ofboth entry and advanced level Tai Chi classes at Bridgewater, Montgomery, West Windsor, Basking Ridge, and Morristown in the evenings during the workdays (Mon., Tue., Thu., and Fri.) and daytime in the weekends (Sat. and Sun.).

Email:  seekingtaichi@gmail.com