Anthony DiPrimio

Affiliated Instructor

My journey into the world of martial arts began at the age of 12. Having developed an early fascination with Saturday morning Kung Fu theatre, Iknew I had to obtain the skills portrayed in those films. I then convinced my family to enroll me in a local Karate studio and thefascination quickly grew into a passion.

I have spent the past 30 plus years studying various arts that include Okinawan karate, Japanese jiu-jitsu, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, Muay Thai, Krav Maga, Filipino Blade Arts, Mixed Martial Arts andnow Yang Taijiquan. Ifeel fortunate to have been able to study under the tutelage of so many great martial arts instructors.

Timeline / System / Instructors

• 1985-1992  Okinawan Goju Ryu –Roger Wehrhahan/MorioHigaonna 10th Dan IOGKF
  • 1994-1996   Yoshitsune Jiu Jitsu –  Michael Depasquale Sr.
  • 1998-2004  PanandataArnis– Amante P. Marinas
  • 2001-2004   Gracie Jiu-Jitsu – Craig Kukuk / Renzo Gracie
  • 2004-2007   Bakbakan / KalisIlustrisimo – Rey Galang / Christopher “Topher” Ricketts
  • 2008-2012   Mixed Martial Arts – Team Endgame – Eddy Rolon (Pro MMA) / All-Star BJJ/MMA – James Meals (ProMuay Thai)
  • 2012-2014   Krav Maga – Tony Racciatti / EyalYanilov (Head of Krav Maga Global)
  • 2015-Present  Yang Family Tai Chi – Judith Rew / Holly Sweeney-Hillman / Yang Jun

Professionally, I have a BS in Computer Information Systems and have spent much of my past career as an Analyst forseveral proprietary software companies. More recently, I run a small tourism business in Northern NJ.

I look forward to the continued growth and health benefits I’ve experienced from Yang Family Taiji,as well as, the ability to help others through the knowledge that has been shared with me.

Currently, I teach as an associate out of the Montclair Yang Family Tai Chi Chapter and am in the process of forming additional classes. Please contact me for info and availability.

Email: anthonytaichi@gmail.com