Shoes!

Postby JerryKarin » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:51 pm

Louis, did you get this type of sole:

or was it one of the other types?
JerryKarin

Postby Louis Swaim » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:16 pm

Hi Jerry,

Yes, I think that's it. The model I have are called Callicuts. The soles grip well, but break well when doing weighted pivots. The best thing to do is go to a sporting goods store and try some on.

--Louis
Louis Swaim

Postby Bob Ashmore » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:45 pm

Artyeo,
I have about five pairs of shoes that look pretty much just like that. I have one pair that's about ten years old and they are so worn out on the heels that there's no tread left at all on them.
Comfy, though.
I still like my Dr. Scholl's. Comfy, minimal tread, and they've held up to all the form work now for quite a bit longer than any other tennis shoe I've tried.
It's getting close to time to by a new pair, though. The sides are starting to weaken on me.

Cheers
Bob Ashmore

Postby JerryKarin » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:01 am

I needed some substantial shoes for my 9 year old son and found out that Etnies, which Louis recommended, has a factory outlet in Gilroy, not far from where I live. We were able to get two pairs of Callicuts for about $63, which is around the retail price for one pair. These are good shoes! They have the padded tongue and collar that most skate shoes have. They are actually quite a bit like the Converse EV Pro 2K5. However, the soles are quite a bit harder and stiffer and they have slightly more 'support' (don't ask me to define that) and a little bit of a hump in the middle for arch support. High quality shoes and easily recommended for taiji and other sports.
JerryKarin

Postby JerryKarin » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:56 am

I discovered that Adidas has brought back new versions of Gazelle and Campus. The Gazelle in particular was a very good shoe for taiji and I was heartbroken when they discontinued them. I guess this means I can break out that last new pair of Gazelles I was saving.
JerryKarin

Re: Shoes!

Postby onlinesilk1 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:16 am

There are several branded shoes are available such as Converse, Ecko, Sexess, and Nike. I more like nick brand because When you ware they shoes then you feel very comfortable for walking also it is every fashionable and better then other Shoes brand.
onlinesilk1

Re: Shoes!

Postby toosmallshoes » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:53 am

If you don't mind looking at them ( :shock: ), Vibram Five Fingers are perfect for martial arts. They are like a glove for your foot with a protective sole. Sensitivity to the ground is amazing! Here's the pair I wear to my Tai Chi Chuan class: http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/Five-Fingers-Speed-Mens.htm

toosmallshoes

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous